When talking to people working in the IT business, no matter their position (developer, sales, manager etc), there are some warning signs to look for.
Therefore, I thought I’d write a little list of things to beware of, which should make your spine start tingling as soon as you encounter it from anyone working in the IT business.
Things to watch out for
- People not knowing where files they downloaded through their web browser will be saved.
- People not knowing how to open a ZIP file (and developers not knowing how to open a RAR file).
- People not knowing the difference between GIF and JPEG.
- People e-mailing 1 GB-attachments and don’t understand that the recipient didn’t get it.
- People thinking that the Netscape web browser is the other major player besides Internet Explorer.
- People not knowing that Safari is a web browser.
- People not knowing what an RSS feed is, and, even less, how to subscribe to one.
These are but just a few. What are your pet hates?