The new version of DOMAssistant, 2.7, is finally out and my impression is that it is a very stable and solid release. Faster CSS selector performance, new features while at the same time a smaller file size.
Unicode support added
We have added complete Unicode support, to have source documents in basically any language. Take a look at the Slickspeed Unicode test to see how it fares. A little hint: the DOMAssistant column is the one getting it right.
Complete documentation in Chinese
I think it’s quite exciting that we can now offer our Chinese-speaking users a complete documentation in Chinese! And if anyone wonders, I have learned that while Cantonese and Mandarin is spoken differently from each other, the written language is the same.
A number of new useful methods have been added as well:
Vastly improved CSS selector performance
Try the Slickspeed test to see the new results!
Naturally we have also taken the time to fix or improve already existing functionality. Here’s a list of what we’ve done:
- Fixed so a function for an event, applied with addEvent, couldn’t be added multiple times.
- Fixed so a function in DOMReady couldn’t be applied multiple times.
- Accuracy fixes for XPath’s ends-with() implementation of E[att$=value].
- Accuracy fixes for nth-child selector.
- Accuracy fixes for ~ selector and contains in Internet Explorer.
- Fix for what’s allowed following a child/sibling combinator.
- Fix for attribute selector to support values that contain spaces.
- Fix for what’s returned from the prev and next methods, so it has the correct methods applied.
Try it out!
We think this is a great release, and naturally we think that you should download DOMAssistant and give it a go!
Join us in the world DOMination! 😀