- Dynamic HTML: The Definitive Reference by Danny Goodman
- Probably the first book about web developing I read. Introduced some cool features and inspired me to think outside the box.
And remember, folks: It’s not hard nowadays to get your script to work in different web browsers. Just use the methods and properties supplied by the DOM. The only substantial difference between Internet Explorer and all other web browsers, though, is that Internet Explorer doesn’t support the standardized event model (see link below).
Where to go from here
- Introduction to the Document Object Model by BrainJar
- Scripting For The 6.0 Browsers by Scott Andrew
- Crossbrowser DOM Scripting: Event Handlers by Scott Andrew (if you really want to dig deep in this field, read addEvent() recoding contest)
- QuirksMode by Peter-Paul Koch
- WebFX by Erik Arvidsson and Emil A. Eklund