Are you perhaps looking for a talented interface developer? You’ve heard that web standards and perhaps accessibility is good to have experience with, but you don’t know how to determine the applicants’ experience.
Don’t worry anymore, I’ve put together a check list of what to ask to make sure they’re suitable and in the loop with proper and modern web interface development.
Here are some very good control questions to make sure they can deal with what will come their way:
- Why does DOCTYPE matter?
- What’s the difference between Quirks Mode, Almost Standards Mode and Strict Mode?
- What is semantic coding, and why is it important?
- What is the box model?
- Explain the hasLayout problem and how it can be addressed.
- What is specificity in CSS?
- How does floats work in CSS?
- What is WAI?
- What problem do you stumble upon in Internet Explorer if you specify the font size in pixels?
- In what way does Internet Explorer handle
altincorrectly, and what are the consequences?
Have any questions you’d like to add to the list? Write a comment and let us know!