Another motivating factor was to make it easier to just turn on or off the features people wanted to use, and add things like autoplay at load, looping slideshows, optional preloading of images, separating thumbnail images from large images etc.
All the features can now be controlled from a separate settings file, while the core PictureSlides takes care of the functionality itself. Features include:
- Have slideshows start at page load.
- Automatically loop slideshows.
- Use a Lightbox-like feature to dim out the rest of the page during slideshows.
- Fade ins and fade outs.
- Optionally preload all the images, to improve end user experience.
- Programmatically choose what images to start with; for instance, taken from the requesting URL to the page using PictureSlides.
- Use keyboard shortcut support.
- Use back and forward navigation links.
- Presenting a text next to the picture.
- Use an image counter.
Downloads and demos
But, nothing says it better than you trying out one of the demos, complete with downloadable packages that you can just take and use. The demos are:
Try it out and let me know what you think!